Training at home is not only about bodyweight movements. You can simply get sick and tired of the same workouts — I know this feeling! That’s why you can head to the nearest equipment shop or shop online for additional weights, such as dumbbells. And today’s workout is all about them.
It’s a legs and glutes workout with heavier dumbbells that makes you focus on your mind-muscle connection while doing each of the exercises slowly and concentrated. We will have two rounds, 40 seconds for each movement and 20-second breaks in between. And yeah, this workout will make your booty and legs literally burn!
- Regular dumbbells squat to activate your glutes: hold one dumbbell up by your chest, sit back deep into the squat, pressing through the heels. Try to keep the pressure on the booty, not hinging the hips forward.
- Good mornings: find a safe spot to hold the dumbbell on your back, hinge all the way forward while squeezing the glutes, and come right back up. Forward and up, forward and up.
- Lateral lunges: take a wide stance, toes are pointed out on a diagonal, sit into a heel, come down through pressing the heel, and come back up. Do the same on the other side.
- Deadlifts: take both dumbbells, hinge at the hips sending them back; your back has to be nice and flat. Slide the dumbbells up across the fronts of your shins and squeeze the booty at the top.
- Glute bridges: put one dumbbell aside, come down to your mat and lie on your back. Try to focus on your glutes when doing bridges, press the hips all the way to the sky, and slowly lower them.
- Split squats, right leg: hold the dumbbell at your chest, sit back down onto the heel and go up.
- Split squats, left leg: hold the dumbbell at your chest, sit back down onto the heel and go up.
That’s it — repeat all the exercises one more time, and your workout is done! It perfectly works your leg muscles and glutes while making your heart rate work harder.