Walking is an exercise or activity suited for people of all ages that offers many benefits. In fact, a brisk walk is said to beat gym exercise sports for losing weight. Everyone emphasizes the need for a morning workout or early morning walk but did you know a walk at night has great physical and emotional benefits to the body? Here we list down the ten benefits of taking an evening or night walk after dinner.
- It is a wonderful and easy exercise if you want to lose weight. Taking a night stroll whether you take a brisk walk or walk slowly for a long distance counts towards a workout.
- Walking is great to keep the heart and the brain healthy and strong. It is also good to keep your bones and muscles healthy according to doctors. Taking a walk outside in fresh air is an additional benefit compared to walking on a treadmill indoors.
- A 30 minutes walk every day after dinner is great for digestion. It’s better to go for a walk after dinner rather than sleeping with a full stomach which can lead to bloating and weight gain.
4. A night walk contributes to reducing stress and anxiety. After a long day of work, a quick walk diverts attention from the mind to daily life struggles and relaxes the mind. It also improves the quality of sleep at night and eradicates insomnia.
5. Walking is an exercise that can be done with a lot of people making it a great community activity. Socializing and talking to people while walking leads to further stress reduction and leads to the production of happy hormones.
To conclude, start with a 15 minutes walk every night after dinner and gradually increase the time. Make sure you are regular and walk at least 5 days a week if you wish to see results in terms of weight loss.