When doing a sport or any physical activity, it is necessary to have a good diet full of vitamins and minerals at all times. This, together with a good exercise routine, guarantees that you will be able to gain muscle mass in a short time.
In this article, we want to talk to you about some basic foods that you can consume if you want to gain muscle mass and get the best benefits from your training. Let's get started!
- Spinach: this vegetable contains a large amount of glutamine, an amino acid that's involved in the development of muscle mass. You can use spinach in salads with other vegetables.
- Low-fat dairy products: when you consume milk and its derivatives (yogurts and cheeses), you obtain proteins of animal origin that are essential to improve your training. Make sure to get low-fat products.
- Eggs: this is considered one of the most complex foods that exist. Most of the protein is found in the white of the egg, while the fat is concentrated in the yolk.
- Legumes: legumes provide your body with a large amount of magnesium and plant-based proteins that promote muscle contraction.
- Tuna: Tuna is one of the few foods made up almost exclusively of protein. When it is in the body, its omega 3 promotes the production of amino acids that improve muscle recovery.
- Citrus: citrus fruits have a large amount of vitamin C to make collagen, which is present in muscle fibers.
Why should you take care of your muscles?
Taking care of our bodies is vitally important to have a better life. If we do not practice any physical activity or eat properly, we begin to lose muscle mass as the years go by. From the age of 40, we can lose up to 8% of muscle mass, which can result in injuries, constant pain, and other diseases.