Everybody is talking about the great benefits of sport and an active lifestyle and how they change our life. But what to do if you are one of those lazy bones who don’t like sport at all. Yet feeling like a huge smash potato isn’t something you were thirsting for all your life.
If there was some secret pill that would make you fit without doing sport, right? Are there actually any lifehacks that can help people feel toned and sporty? Except for going to the gym and exercising every second day, of course…
Sounds hokey, but yes! They exist.
You can implement sport into your daily life without the need to wear gym clothes or those trainers, which gather dust on the shelf:
Go upstairs instead of using an elevator. This tip is for people who live on a higher floor. Running upstairs is great cardio to rev your heart and awesome training for your legs. Ohh, they will burn!
- Do you always need to drive a car or use public transport? If you’re not in a hurry, go on foot or ride your bike instead.
- When buying some products, lift the milk/water bottles in the air and hold for 15-20 seconds. It may look a bit bizarre but who cares? As a result, you’ll have toned arms.
- When you’re talking on the phone or wait in a queue, balance on one foot and then on another for a few seconds.
- When you take a bus, get off it 1 or 2 stops earlier than you need and walk this distance. It will take extra 10-15 minutes, but you’ll burn more calories and tone your body. To get a better result, you may run or move more briskly.
- And stretch! At home, in the office, even on the street. Reach things located in high places, touch your toes when tying shoelaces, do a few core rotations when doing some stuff on your laptop.
Sport CAN become part of your life even if you don’t like it. Just don’t force yourself and do it slowly, step-by-step. Sometimes the desire to do sport appears in the middle of the whole process.