Intermittent fasting has become quite popular among people due to its valuable health benefits. You might have seen people working out during intermittent fasting. It might seem like a daunting idea, but if done right, it can be very helpful.
Intermittent fasting refers to the practice of fasting and eating to control calorie intake. There are various types of intermittent fasting popular. It includes 16:8, 5:2, eat-stop-eat, and alternate fasting.
To work out during intermittent fasting, it is important to know how to find the balance between your exercise and low energy levels. It can be very helpful in achieving your weight loss goals.
Tips for Workout during Fasting
The following are some effective tips that can help you work out safely during intermittent fasting.
- You can work out while IF as long as you feel healthy and energized. Do not push yourself when your body does not feel like working out.
- As a beginner, opt for low-intensity workouts. You can gradually increase the intensity once your body gets used to it.
- Select your workout carefully. If you want to lose some weight, cardio and High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) can be ideal workouts for you while fasting. Avoid weightlifting.
- Stop your workout if you feel dizzy or nauseous. It might indicate low glucose levels in your body.
- Stay hydrated during fasting as well as exercising. Increase intake of fluids to maintain the level of electrolytes in your body.
Do not rush to the idea of fasting and workout just because everyone else is doing it. Listen to your body and act accordingly to improve your fitness.