It’s time to tone your whole body. This home workout is focused on training all the main muscles of your body using one dumbbell. The weight? Well, it should be at least 5 kg, but the perfect one would be 10 kg. If you do not have a dumbbell at home, no worries. You can take anything that is heavy, such as a bottle of water, a packet with a few kg of rice, or even a packet of potato. Haha, why not? The main goal here is to put your muscles under a bit of pressure, and the ways of doing it are not that important.
So, this workout lasts for 20 minutes, has 2 rounds. Each exercise lasts for 45 minutes, with a 15-second break in between. Ready? Let’s make our muscles burn!
- Russian twist with a dumbbell. Lie down on the floor, keeping a dumbbell in your hands. When coming up, raise it above your head and do 4 twists. Lie down on the floor and bring a dumbbell back to the chest. Repeat it for 45 seconds.
- A single-leg RDL. Choose a side, sit back into the heel while keeping a dumbbell with an opposite hand. When coming up, raise a dumbbell at the top and then come down, squeezing the glute muscle. Repeat it for 45 seconds.
- A single-leg RDL. Do all the same on another leg.
- A bear crawl position. Get down to the floor and place a dumbbell between your hands out in front of you. Hold a bear crawl position and tap a dumbbell with either arm for 45 seconds.
- In and out abs with curls. Put a dumbbell aside, lie down on your back, and do in & out curls for 45 seconds. Focus on your abs, keep your body as one unit, and keep in mind the mind-muscle connection. The quality of each of the reps is more important than the quantity.
- Squats with front raise. Stand up and take the dumbbell. Do a squat, and when you come up, raise your hands with the dumbbell in them up. Repeat for 45 seconds.
- A deadlift to triceps extension. Do a deadlift by slowly coming down. Come up and raise your dumbbell as well all the way overhead to a triceps extension. Then, slowly come down into the heels. Repeat for 45 seconds.
Take a 1-minute break and repeat all the exercises one more time.