Can you do the splits or, for example, touch your toes? Well, splits are a bit difficult but the point here is flexibility. A lot of people focus on training and absolutely forget about stretching which, by the way, is not less important than cardio or strength training. You may harm your neighboring joints even simply by walking if the muscles are tight.
Having your muscles stretch allows you to move way easier and perform exercises more efficiently.
If you incorporate these 4 exercises into your workout schedule, I promise you that you’ll boost your physical well-being and will feel more energized during the day.
The goal here is to stretch a deep internal hip rotator. By opening up tight hips, you will relieve the back pain if you have such, boost the delivery of the essential nutrients to your muscles while boosting their growth.
- Sit on the floor and straighten your legs in front of you.
- Cross your right leg over your left.
- Put your right hand on the floor behind the body.
- The left hand should be placed on your right quad.
- Press your right leg to the left on and hold for 30 seconds.
Standing Hamstring Stretches
Doing this exercise, you focus on the back of your leg and make your back, hips, and knees flexible. Do it better after the workout to improve your blood circulation.
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and bend your knees slightly.
- Bend forward at the hips and exhale while doing it. Keep your neck, head, and shoulders relaxed.
- Wrap your arms around legs and hold this position for 45 seconds.
Figure Four Stretch
It’s a kind of modification of the Figure Four yoga pose but in a standing pose that helps open your hips. You can simply calm down your nervous system by regulating your breath during this exercise.
- Lie on the back and cross your left foot over the right quad.
- Lift your right leg, put in onto the back of your right leg, and slowly pull it to the chest.
- Hold for 30 seconds.
- Do the same with another leg.
Your quads and glutes are the biggest muscle group of your body which definitely has to be stretched after the workout.
- Kneel on your left knee, put your right foot flat in front of you.
- Lean forward and hold on for a minute.
- Switch legs.