Food is the perfect complement to any physical activity we do during the day. In this sense, when you finish your training, you should consume certain foods that help you improve the recovery process of the body's muscles.
It is recommended to prioritize the consumption of proteins and carbohydrates. These nutrients are intended to replenish glycogen stores in the body and provide the necessary substrates to repair damaged structures and promote the formation of new muscle fibers.
Recommended foods to eat after training
We present a list of some of the recommended foods to eat after any physical activity. Let's get started!
- Milk or yogurt: it offers quality proteins, potassium, and a minimum of natural sugars.
- Whole grains and derivatives: you can eat whole wheat pasta, brown rice, oatmeal, or whole wheat bread. In these foods, you can find complex carbohydrates, as well as vegetable proteins.
- Fresh cheese: this food is a source of quality protein that can be used as a substrate to repair damaged muscle structures.
- Fruits of all kinds: you can consume fresh fruits that contribute to the hydration of the body, or dehydrated fruits that have a higher concentration of carbohydrates.
- Other foods: you can consume greens, vegetables, and legumes. All these foods provide vegetable proteins and carbohydrates.
Finally, we must mention that, in addition to consuming some of these foods, it is necessary to drink water to replenish the fluid in the body. Drinking water also provides you with vitamins and minerals for the proper functioning of the organs of your body.